- Take cycle route 11 southwards. The route passes through the Shelfords, Sawston, and over the A505 where a cycle path runs to the village of Hinxton.
- At the end of the cycle path, turn right into the village. Follow the main road through the village (sharp left after 200 metres) until you come to a T-junction. The north gate of the Genome Campus is opposite, with an intercom to connect you to security.
From Whittlesford train station
- If you are coming on a train from London, cross over the footbridge over the train tracks. Follow the road on that side, cycling past the pub and the council gravel yard. The road bends to the right and uphill to join the main A505.
- Turn left onto the cycle path towards the roundabout (300 metres) and there turn right at the crossing before the roundabout to get you onto cycle path next to the A1301, heading south towards Saffron Walden (the BP services will be on your right).
- Turn right into the village at the end of the cycle path, follow the main road through the village (sharp left after 200 metres) until you come to a T-junction. The north gate of the Genome Campus is opposite, with an intercom to connect you to security.
From Great Chesterford train station
- Using mainly cycle routes: Follow the road that exits the station, at the end turn left. Take the first exit on the left: the road forks almost immediately, take the left fork over the railway lines. Rejoin the main road and follow this into the village of Ickleton. Once in the village, take your first exit to the right (before the village shop) onto Church Street. Follow this road all the way out of Ickleton (it takes many turns), over the level crossing and along the river Cam. After 600 metres, you will find, on your right the north gate of the Genome Campus. This features an intercom to connect you to security.
- Alternate route, not a cycle route: Follow the road that exits the station, at the end turn left. Stay on this road, following it through and out of the village of Great Chesterford until you reach a roundabout: take first exit. At the next two roundabouts, go straight ahead, taking the exits signposted for Cambridge. You will reach another roundabout. Take the first exit, signposted “Genome Campus”, and take the immediate left turn into the car park. Adjoining this car park is security reception, where you can register your arrival. Please note that this route carries more traffic than the above and includes junctions with the M11 motorway.
Plan your cycle route in Cambridge, UKConnect to CycleStreets now