Science meets Lean
DATE: 26 January 2023 (16:00-18:00 GMT)
Discover lean start-up as a method to test and develop new business ideas through:
- An introduction to Lean as a scientific approach to entrepreneurship.
- Learning how to use the lean canvas as a tool for exploring a business idea.
- How to get to know your customers and develop a value proposition.
- Case examples around genomics and biodata and follow-on reading.
- Get a copy of the Lean Canvas to populate with your ideas as you start to create your first business.
Jaime Qiu, Studio Zao, Founding Partner
Co-founder of Studio Zao, a London based innovation studio specialised in unleashing the intrapreneurial superpower of large organisations. Jamie is a business and innovation leader with over 13 years of international experience as an entrepreneur, consultant and intrapreneur. He specialises in innovation strategy and management; designing and leading innovation and venture programmes, and immersive design sprints; as well as advising startups through key stages of commercial growth.
Studio Zao is a boutique talent development and innovation studio that works with global brands, organisations and academic institutions across a range of industries, such as Sony Music Entertainment, EY, NHS, Target Corporation, Pentland Brands, Aptar Group, UK Civil Service, Wellcome Trust and the Institute of Cancer Research, as well as academic institutions like Imperial College London, University College London and the London School of Economics.